Today is National Pie Day. I couldn't let this day pass without baking a pie. I tried a new recipe, Warm Apple-Buttermilk Custard Pie! Doesn't that sound good? Here is the recipe!
1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts (I made mine because I love home made ones)
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp. Prick bottom and sides of piecrust with a fork.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add apple, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Cook, sitrring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes or until apple is tender; set aside.
- Beat 1/4 cup butter and 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. A eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Add 2 tablespoons flour and vanilla, beating until blended. Add buttermilk, beating until smooth.
- Spoon apple mixture into piecrust; pour buttermilk mixture over apple mixture.
- Bake at 300º for 30 minutes. Stir 3 tablespoons butter, remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon until crumbly. Sprinkle over pie. Bake 40 more minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 1 hour before serving.