Thursday, May 30, 2013
Monday, April 22, 2013
Saturday, March 30, 2013
Isn't this a pretty Vera Bradley bag? I sure think it is! Some months ago I admired it when a friend came to my house for Bible study. Today she came to my house for a baby shower and gifted me with her bag! She remembered I liked it and now wanted me to have it. I could not believe it and was touched by her kindness! In fact I had tears as I tried to thank her. I do hope she knows how much it means to me! I will love using this bag and always think of her as I do!
Posted by Elaine at 1:57 PM
Friday, March 8, 2013
Thank you, Stacy, for this gift!
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Today is National Pie Day. I couldn't let this day pass without baking a pie. I tried a new recipe, Warm Apple-Buttermilk Custard Pie! Doesn't that sound good? Here is the recipe!
1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts (I made mine because I love home made ones)
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp. Prick bottom and sides of piecrust with a fork.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add apple, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Cook, sitrring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes or until apple is tender; set aside.
- Beat 1/4 cup butter and 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. A eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Add 2 tablespoons flour and vanilla, beating until blended. Add buttermilk, beating until smooth.
- Spoon apple mixture into piecrust; pour buttermilk mixture over apple mixture.
- Bake at 300º for 30 minutes. Stir 3 tablespoons butter, remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon until crumbly. Sprinkle over pie. Bake 40 more minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 1 hour before serving.
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Monday, December 17, 2012
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
I received my first Christmas present today! UPS delivered lots of boxes and I thought they were all gifts I had ordered for others. One return address didn't look familiar and I didn't remember ordering from this company. The reason was... a friend sent me a Christmas gift! This friend is a gift to me all year long! I will always think of her when I use this pretty mug.
Thank you Jenny....
Friday, November 30, 2012
Thursday, November 15, 2012
I want to celebrate the greatness of God everyday.
1 Chronicles 16:8 - Oh give thanks to the LORD, call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples.
Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds. ~ Theodore Roosevelt, 1901
Colossians 3:15 - And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.