Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Honey Bun Cake...

I took this cake to Bible study yesterday.  A friend that has great recipes and is an excellent cook gave the recipe to me a few years ago.  It is easy to make and very good!



HONEY BUN CAKE

1 pkg yellow cake mix
4 large eggs
2/3 C vegetable oil
1/3 C water
1 (8-oz) carton sour cream
1/2 C firmly packed brown sugar
1 t ground cinnamon
2/3 C chopped pecans
Powdered Sugar Glaze

Combine first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl;beat at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes.  set aside.  Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans;set aside.
Pour half of batter into a greased and floured 12x9-inch pan.  sprinkle half of sugar mixture over batter.  Repeat procedure with remaining batter and sugar mixture.  Gently swirl batter with a knife.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.  Remove from oven.  Drizzle glaze over cake and cool.  Cut into squares. (15 servings)

Powdered Sugar Glaze
1 C sifted powdered sugar
1 T plus 1 t milk
1/2 t vanilla

Combine all ingredients;stir or beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.



Photobucket Image Hosting

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was so good! I was wondering who made it. Should have known it was you. :)

Shawna

Stacy said...

Yum! I need a new recipe for our group. I'm totally going to try this.

Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Wow!!! I can just smell it right through my screen!!! I'm always looking for something new, and this sounds like a winner! Thank you!

Unknown said...

Sounds so yummy! And pretty simple - a winning duo for me!! Thanks for sharing this recipe, Elaine!